A townsite while in the Midlands west of Moora, Dandaragan is an Aboriginal phrase which 1 supply offers as indicating "fantastic kangaroo place". The title was initial recorded for a close-by spring and gully by a surveyor in 1850, although the title was sometimes spelt "Dandaraga".
The townsite of Moodiarrup is found in The nice southern agricultural area, 236 km south east of Perth and 35 km south of Darkan. The townsite was gazetted in 1909, spelt Mudiarrup, to conform with the Royal Geographical Culture's technique of orthography.
Kauring is a townsite during the central agricultural place 120 km east of Perth, midway amongst York and Quairading. Farmers took up land in this article during the late 1860s, and land was surveyed in 1870 for a reserve for travellers and stock, plus the reserve was generally known as "Cowering Reserve". In 1893 the Greenhills Street Board questioned with the reserve to become enlarged, and mentioned then that It might be demanded for the townsite Down the road. "Cowering" was proposed since the identify for your new siding about the Greenhills - Quairading Railway in 1907, but when the road opened in 1908 the siding was spelt "Kowring".
Meekatharra is usually a townsite during the Murchison goldfields, 765 km north north east of Perth. The townsite is 35 km north north east of Nannine where the first goldrush around the Murchison Goldfield transpired in 1890. It wasn't until late 1895, when three prospectors, Meehan, Porter and Soych, pegged a assert at "Meekatharra" that the place arrived to the eye on the mining planet.
The townsite of Mowen is situated inside the south west, 288 km from Perth and 11km east north east of Margaret River. It can be positioned inside a former Group Settlement region, and was gazetted in 1925 to supply town lots for group settlers in the region.
Dundas is usually a goldfields townsite about 21 km south of Norseman. It had been gazetted in 1895, and derives its title from its predicament at the southern close of your Dundas Hills.
The townsite of Korrelocking is located from the central agricultural area, about 201 km from Perth and 10 km east of Wyalkatchem. In 1910 The federal government decided to determine a railway station below on the line from Dowerin to Merredin then underneath building, along with the Yuragin Progress Affiliation requested the government declare a townsite within the station.
The south western townsite of Gracetown is located on the Coastline at Cowaramup Bay, about twelve.5 km northwest of Margaret River. The area was to start with proposed for improvement being a caravan Full Article park and tenting put in 1957, but the government determined it should be produced for a townsite.
Murrin Murrin is surely an abandoned goldfields townsite located about 50 km east of Leonora. Allotments at an present mining settlement (corrugated iron resort and shop) identified by this Aboriginal title have been laid out in 1896, and the world that contains these allotments was reserved for news the longer term townsite of Murrin Murrin in November 1897. City plenty had been offered available for sale in 1900, but this area was by-handed when the railway to Laverton opened in 1905, Murrin Murrin railway station becoming located 2 kilometres north of the first settlement.
Caron is surely an Aboriginal title of unsure origin and indicating, but is perhaps connected with "Coron", a term recorded in Bishop Salvado's 1851 vocabulary as that means "hail" or "hailstones".
The townsite of Minnivale is located from the central agricultural area, 180 km north east of Perth. It truly is located about the railway line from Dowerin to Wyalkatchem, and was set up next the opening of the line in 1911. When land was set aside in 1909 for your townsite the position was described as in the "36 Mile Write-up" to the Rabbit Proof Fence.
In 1906 the Main Draftsman during the Lands Office commented that Merriden was now spelt 3 ways - Merreden for that nearby point out forest, Merredin for the railway station and Merriden with the townsite. It was decided to undertake the railway spelling for all names, and all designs were being corrected, nonetheless it wasn't until finally 1907 that official gazettals have been using the Merredin spelling.
This townsite, in The good southern see district between Wagin and Woodanilling, was gazetted as Boyadine in 1904. The spelling was amended to Boyerine afterwards the identical year, as well as the name is derived from nearby Boyerine Pool, very first recorded in 1874. The this means in the title might be relevant to Boya, an Aboriginal word which means "rock" or "stone".
A townsite in The nice Southern agricultural area, Gnowangerup is situated by highway sixty one km south east of Katanning. Advancement in the region in 1904 resulted in nearby settlers trying to find the declaration of a townsite, and land was put aside for that function in 1905.